Designed specifically for Graduate Engineers, and Engineers who would like to improve their UPS knowledge, this FREE training course will cover basic and some technical information related to specifying UPS systems for mission-critical applications.
This course has also been approved by CIBSE for CPD and will count towards your points.
Refreshments will be provided throughout the day including lunch.
· UPS fundamentals: internal components
· UPS Topology; Standalone vs Modular. Choosing redundant and parallel UPS systems. Tier levels
· Availability considerations; MTBF & MTTR
· The VRLA battery and sizing a battery system
· Transformers and their use in circuits
· Fault clearance in UPS circuits
About the trainer
Yu Ming started his career in the intelligent building and automation industry and spent 4 years holding various role from engineering to sales. He then spent more than 12 years in the data centre infrastructure industry and was involved in equipping data centres in Southeast Asia with mission critical power and cooling solutions.
In the data centre infrastructure industry, Yu Ming held various roles from sales to business development to technical solutions management. In 2010 he was appointed the General Manager for Southeast Asia at Kohler Uninterruptible Power.
Yu Ming has a MBA from Singapore Management University and completed BSc (Management) Degree and two Diploma courses.